Did you realise that your POS equipment could be holding you back? So many hospitality venues and food retailers stick to old, outdated equipment because they fail to recognise what a modern point of sale system does and how it is designed to tangibly benefit their business. Your POS should be able to do so much more than just record sales and add up your takings.
So what are the signs that you have outgrown your current point of sale system?
- Your front counter has become the primary service bottleneck in your venue
- Your staff or your customers look frustrated or annoyed while orders are being entered at your POS terminal
- Orders regularly require correction due to inaccurate sale entry or inefficient in-house communication
- Your revenue is suffering due to staff not upselling effectively or including the optional extras in the sale
- You are not getting reliable, succinct data for venue performance analysis
- There is no way of automating and reporting on the success of in-house promotions you set up
- Your current hardware is no longer operating dependably
In challenging times, hospitality businesses need to be getting the most out of the technology available to them. Don’t let the lack of the proper business tools be a reason for venue failure
Consider Uniwell’s embedded point of sale terminals for your venue, and see how a well configured POS solution can have a positive impact on staff efficiency, the customer experience and your bottom line.
Article originally written for posadvice.com.au and has been used with permission.